Recovering Troubled Projects
Backing the intensive interactivity up, the participants will use both a game/simulation and their own real work as case studies.The participants will be asked to provide, in advance, descriptions of their own examples of troubled projects. Some of these case studies will be used in the exercises and the solutions that the teams identify may then be, if approved, directly applied in the real projects.
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Assess the reasons of project failure and decide the project should be discontinued
- Explain the reasons for projects failiour to management
- Get management back up and the support needed to recover the project
- Recognize the value of a structured project recovery process
- Plan the recovery effort
- Manage, control and adjust the recovery effort
- Foundation Concepts
- Why do projects fail?
- What is a project recovery process?
- Understanding the residual value
- Performing a detailed recovery assessment
- Understanding customer and business value
- Honest assessment of the current status and of achievable objectives
- The Recovery
- Strategies for finding resolution approaches
- Obtaining the needed level of authority
- Securing key stakeholder & management support
- Principles of change management
- The Project Team
- Remotivating the project team
- The role of fear, and how to vercome it
- Escaping the “blame-game”
- Fostering the project team
- Sustaining stakeholder engagement”
- How to avoid future troubled projects
- The role of Project Management
- Focus on Value
- Facilitating change
- Enabling continuous learning
- Role Play & Simulation board game
- Summary and conclusions
This training is an interactive 2-day workshop with countless real-life examples, including your own experiences. We work with hands-on role plays, prepare and conduct discussions with feedback.
- Group, team, department and project leaders
- Employees preparing for a leadership role in the near future
- Dates as per calendar
- Up to 15 Participants
- Duration: 2 days (14 hours)
- Trainer: an expert SMT approved trainer
- PMP-certified participants can claim 14 PDUs
CHF 1,600 per person excl. VAT, subject to change
Included in the price are documentation, video material, lunch, and break refreshments.
Registration & Schedule
Do You Have Questions? Do not hesitate to contact us. You can find the course dates in our online seminar calendar.
Customised company-specific training programs available: We are happy to customise our services for your company and your specific needs.
Max Langosco - Partner
Erik Leibundgut - Partner